Thornleigh has six comfortable and spacious bedrooms - five double ensuite and one twin ensuite room. All rooms are decorated and furnished to a high standard.
All rooms have flat screen digital televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and complementary toiletries. The guest house is centrally heated with personal heating controls on the radiators in each room.
Rooms looking out to the rear of the house have views over the Skiddaw mountain range and those at the front have equally fine views of the Borrowdale fells, Causey Pike, and Grisdale Pike - the picture at the top of this page was taken from one of the guest rooms at the front of the house. The picture below of Skiddaw was taken from a window at the rear of the house.
Additional facilities at Thornleigh include:
- Residents' telephone
- WiFi broadband available for guest use
- Drying for outdoor clothing
- Cycle Storage
- Iron and ironing board
- Alarm clocks and hairdryers
- Personal advice on walking and climbing routes
- Access to rooms at all times
- Library of over 250 walking books, guides, and maps
- Transport to and from the start /finish of walks by arrangement